Prior to installing your equipment, we suggest that you follow a few steps to ensure your site is suitable for installation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Site Readiness Checklist
- Build Your Menu (Item List)
- Hardware Setup
- Book a Training
Site Readiness Checklist
Follow these steps to ensure that your site is suitable for installation.
- The Parse Pay system is a cloud-based POS solution and therefore a constant, reliable, and quality internet connection is an essential piece to the proper functioning of the system. Verify that your internet connection meets Parse Pay's system requirements.
Note that it is not recommended to operate a guest Wi-Fi on the same network as the POS. This can lead to an overload of the network and potentially bump the POS off of the acces point.
Build Your Menu (Item List)
To take advantage of your training time, it helps to have your products loaded in the Parse Pay Backoffice. The Parse Pay system is designed for self-service menu management; however, an Account Specialist is able to help you configure the menu. For additional information and detailed articles, check o
There are a few different hardware configurations that we offer, so please read through the installation guide for the hardware that you received. Note that some certified devices, such as the PayPoint Plus, is an all-in-one (AiO) device and may require very few peripheral devices. Other traditional hardware bundles include the display, stand, cash drawer, printer, and scanner, among other devices, and must be set up individually. Please refer to the type of main terminal and peripherals listed below.
Connect Display (or AiO)
Unbox and install your main terminal display. If the device is an AiO, simply plug in the device to the power outlet receptacle. Other hardware configurations may require that you affix the display to the stand. Please reference the articles in the self-service knowledgebase or search for your hardware by name for detailed "how-to" instructional guides.
Connect Peripheral Devices
Some certified devices, such as the PayPoint Plus, is an all-in-one (AiO) device and may require very few peripheral devices. Other traditional hardware bundles include peripherals such as the stand, cash drawer, printer, and scanner, among other devices, and must be set up individually. Please refer to the type of peripherals listed below.
- USB Receipt Printer: USB printers require only power and paper. Once loaded and powered on. Refer to Pairing Bluetooth Printers for an overview of this process.
- Network Receipt Printer(s): Ethernet Printers require a wired connection to the back panel of the printer. This is a standard RJ45, CAT5 or CAT6 connection to the Network. Please refer to Connecting Ethernet Printers for the general steps to install your printer.
- Cash Drawer: Connect your Cash Drawer to its corresponding USB receipt printer using the included cable. This cable is flat and grey with labels at each end indicating which end should be connected to the printer and which connects to the drawer.
- Card Reader: Parse Pay is compatible with many card readers, each with its own specific style of interface and connection procedure. Please refer to the hardware section of the knowledge base for more information or search the model name of your reader in the search bar above.
Book a Training
We recommend that you book the training with a Parse Pay Account Specialist as soon as possible for a date no less than one (1) week prior to your planned go-live date with the new system. This will allow you and your staff time to test out the system and become familiar with the day-to-day activities so that you don't have any challenges on your first launch day.