If you run a restaurant, it's likely that you want to have orders sent to a LAN (Ethernet) printer. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of adding a LAN printer in the Parse BackOffice. Note the Parse Pay system is only configured to work with Star Micronics printers. The subsequent steps are based on the assumption that you have unboxed and set up the Star Micronics LAN printer. For steps on how to install the hardware, check out the Star TSP100 Series LAN Receipt Printer Setup article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Step 1: Obtain the IP Address from the Printer
When adding a LAN printer to the system, you need to enter IP address of the newly connected wireless printer. Follow the steps below to obtain the IP address of the printer.
- Power off the printer by flipping the power button located on the side of the printer to the off position.
- Press and hold the feed button on the front of the printer.
- While holding down the FEED button, power on the printer by flipping the Power Switch to the ON position.
- Release the FEED button.
- This process will print out two test receipts. On the second receipt, make note of the IP Address listed under Current IP Parameters Status (illustrated below), as this is you will need to add the printer to your account.
Step 2: Add the Printer to your Account
- Log into the Parse BackOffice by going to https://dashboard.parsepos.com.
- Click Settings from the left-side navigation menu.
- Click Printers from the secondary menu, and then click the ADD PRINTER button.
- Give the printer a name (e.g., Kitchen Printer 1) and enter the IP address that was printed on the receipt.
- Lastly, select whether or not you want to print itemized receipts. If this is enabled, each item will print on its own receipt. By default this is disabled.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You have completed the setup process and are ready to use your new printer.