Parse Pay provides you with the flexibility to create custom dining options in the Parse BackOffice. Dining Options play an important role in tracking your orders, and you can choose from having a default dining option or require that the user select one for each order they ring out.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction to Dining Options
Dining Options are created in the Parse BackOffice. Once created, a new Dining Options button will appear above the cart in the Parse Register, allow users to specify a Dining Option when placing an order. It's important to note that in order for Dining Options to function properly (and for the button to appear in the Register), you must create at least two Dining Options. If only one Dining Option is created, it is set to the default and there is no need to display the Dining Options select button in the Parse Register.
Example Dining Options
Parse Pay provides you with the flexibility to create and name your Dining Options; however, the most common options include Dine In, Take Out, and To Go.
Creating Dining Options in the BackOffice
- Log into the Parse BackOffice by going to https://dashboard.parsepos.com.
- Click Settings from the left-side navigation, then click Dining Options from the submenu.
- Click the Add Dining Option button to create a new Dining Option.
- Give it a name (e.g., Dine In) and select if you want to make it the default (meaning that all new orders will default to that Dining Option). Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have all of the Dining Options entered into the system.