In this tutorial, we'll cover how to export SKUs from the Parse Dashboard to bulk print labels on the DYMO LabelWriter.
DYMO LabelWriter Software
The easiest way to bulk print labels is to use the DYMO's advanced label printing software, DYMO Label, that comes with the LabelWriter. In using the Dymo Label software, you are able to:
- Print your inventory from a spreadsheet
- Print labels for multiple different items at once
- Print on various sizes of labels, including the most popular 1″ x 1.5″ or 1.25″ x 2.25″ labels
Note that DYMO Label is third-party software that allows you to print labels in bulk from a desktop or laptop computer running Windows or macOS and cannot be used on the POS terminal. If you having difficulty using the DYMO Label software, contact DYMO directly for support.
DYMO LabelWriter Installation
The first step is to set up the DYMO Labelwriter
Step 1: Connect the DYMO printer to your computer and load the labels into the printer.
If you need help with this process, check out the DYMO LabelWriter user guide.
Step 2: Download the DYMO drivers to your computer.
To ensure that you install the latest version of the software, we encourage that you download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Click the appropriate link below based on your computers operating system.
Step 3: Install the Software
Open and run the file (.dmg for Mac or .exe for Win). Follow the prompts to proceed with installing the software on your computer.
Export Inventory from the Parse Dashboard
The DYMO Label software creates labels from a spreadsheet of your inventory items. The easiest way to print labels in bulk is to import a spreadsheet of your inventory items into DYMO's pre-configured templates. As expected, the first step is to export a spreadsheet with all of your products from the Parse Dashboard, then, you can prepare the spreadsheet for import into the DYMO Label software.
Follow the steps below to export your inventory from the Parse Dashboard:
- In the Parse Dashboard, navigate to Products from the left-side navigation menu.
- Click on the Export button in the top menu bar to download the .CSV file.
- Use a spreadsheet program, for example, Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers, to open the .CSV file. Verify that the SKU column properly displays all of your product SKUs. In some cases, you may need to adjust the formatting of the cells to display the entire number.
- Once complete, save and close the .CSV file.
Download DYMO's Label Templates
DYMO has pre-configured templates to assist you with printing bulk barcode labels in the LabelWriter. These templates allow you to import the previously downloaded .CSV file and print to the DYMO LabelWriter. Below are the links to download the template files based on the size of the labels. Note that Parse Pay only supports the 1" x 1.5" and the 2.25" x 1.25" sized labels.
Print Labels using the Templates
With all of your files downloaded and prepped for printing, now the fun begins. Follow the subsequent steps to print your labels.
- Open the label template. The name of the file will end in ".label"
- Click 'File', select 'Import Data and Print', and then click 'New'
- The Getting Started screen will appear. Proceed by clicking 'Next'
- Click 'Browse', locate your inventory spreadsheet on your computer and select 'Next'
- Check the box entitled 'Use first row as field names'
- Drag and drop 'SKU' into the first field on the label
- Note: Make sure to delete the space (if applicable) after 'SKU' otherwise the barcodes will not scan.
- Drag the 'Product Name' and 'Price' fields into the other template fields.
- Enter the name of your business in the final, remaining field.