This quick start guide will assist you in setting up and connecting the Dejavoo Z8 terminal to your Wi-Fi network.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Hardware Setup
Setting up the Dejavoo Z8 terminal and connecting it to Wi-Fi is an easy task, so as long as you follow the following instructions step-by-step.
Step 1: Connect Power Cable to Dejavoo Z8 terminal
Plug the power cable into the AC input port located on the back of the Dejavoo Z8 terminal.
Step 2: Plug into a Power Source
Plug the power cable into the wall outlet. The device will automatically power on once connected to a power source.
Step 3: Connect via Wi-Fi
- Press the F2 button for Yes when prompted “Failed to connect. Run Main Menu?”.
- Press the down arrow button to select Utility and press the green OK button.
- Enter 1234 as the Manager Password and press OK.
- Using the Down and OK buttons, select Communications -> Local Parms -> WiFi -> Scan Network.
- Select the 2.4 GHz WiFi network from the list and press OK.
- Select Configure and press OK.
- Select Set Password and press OK.
- Enter the network password by repeatedly pressing the applicable number key until you get the number, capital letter, or lowercase letter you need. Pause briefly until the character turns into an asterisk (*). Press OK.
- Press the red X button to return to the previous screen.
- Select Connect and press OK.
- The screen will prompt you to confirm that you want to connect to the network. Press F2 for Yes. If the Wi-Fi network connects successfully, the device will display the option to “Disconnect.” Press the red X button five times to return to the main screen. The device will display “POS Online” as a confirmation after successfully connected to the network.
Important: The Dejavoo Z8 Terminal is designed to operate solely on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and will not operate correctly on a 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi network.