Once you are logged into the Parse Dashboard, you'll want to configure your account settings. Depending on the type of account and how it was set up, a Parse Pay Account Specialist may have pre-configured some or all of these settings. Nevertheless, we encourage that you familiarize yourself with the Settings module and double-check to ensure that all of the information is correct.
To access the Account Settings module, log into the BackOffice and click Settings from the left-side navigation menu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Locations menu lists the location(s) assigned to this license and includes the Name, Phone Number, Address, and Tax Profile of the business. To create a new location:
- Click the +LOCATION button located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the modal will pop up, enter the Name, Email, Phone, Address, and Tax Profile for the new location and click Save.
To edit or delete an existing location, click the Actions dropdown button and click edit or delete.
The Devices tab will list the device(s) assigned to the license. This information includes the Name, Key, and Location that was either entered in the BackOffice during the device's initial setup (by a Parse Pay Account Specialist or via the Setup Wizard). To create a new device:
- Click the +DEVICE button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- In the modal pop up, enter the Name and select a location from the dropdown field. Click Save.
To edit the name of an existing device, click the Actions dropdown button and click edit.
Note that only a Parse Pay Account Specialist can configure the new device.
Some businesses have multiple printers connected to the terminal, such as LAN printer that prints receipts in the kitchen. The Printers section lists all of the kitchen printers you set up and displays the printer name and a corresponding I.P. address. To add a new printer:
- Click the +PRINTER button.
- Enter the printer name and I.P. address and click UPDATE.
To edit or delete an existing printer, click the Actions dropdown button and click edit or delete.
For more information on adding a kitchen printer, refer to the following articles in the knowledgebase:
The Employee Breaks menu is where administrators can create new breaks, enter the break's length, and specify whether it is a paid or unpaid break. For example, you may start by creating two breaks, a 15-minute paid break, and a one-hour unpaid break. After a break is created, the employee break options appear on the FrontOffice Register when the employee taps the Time Clock function from the login screen (only if the employee is already clocked in).
To create a break:
- Click the +EMPLOYEE BREAK button.
- Name the break, specify the number of minutes of the break (i.e., 30 minutes), and select whether it is a paid break or not (leave unchecked if unpaid). Click Save.
To edit or delete an existing break, click the Actions dropdown button and click edit or delete.
Dining Options are useful for restaurants that want to differentiate their orders based on whether it is for dine-in, take out, or delivery. Administrators can name the Dining Options according to their preference; however, the aforementioned options are the most common.
To create a Dining Option:
- Click Dining Options from the left-side menu and click the +DINING OPTION button.
- Give the Dining Option a name (e.g., Dine-In) and specify if it is the default option. Note that if this option is enabled, it will be selected by default.
- Click Save.
To edit or delete an existing Dining option, click the Actions dropdown button and click edit or delete.
After the Dining Options are created, be sure to perform a cloud-sync on the Register. Once synced, a new button is displayed above the cart. By tapping this button, users can specify which Dining Option should be applied to the order.