To ensure a seamless implementation of the Parse Pay system, it's important that the location meets our minimum requirements. It's worth noting that it is the user's responsibility to ensure that all network and infrastructure requirements have been met. This article outlines these basic requirements, which are an integral part of the successful implementation and operation of the system. Please familiarize yourself with these requirements ahead of time so you are prepared for install when your new hardware arrives.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Internet Speed Requirements
The Parse Pay system is a cloud-based POS solution and therefore a constant, reliable, and quality Internet connection is an essential piece to the proper functioning of the system. A direct ethernet (LAN) connection is preferred; however, the system will operate fine on a wireless network so as long as the speeds are fast and consistent. The bandwidth requirements are as follows:
- A single terminal requires network speeds of 3 megabytes per second (Mbps) for download and 1 Mbps for upload.
- Each additional terminal increases the download speed requirement by ~750 kilobytes per second (Kbps) and the upload requirement by ~256 Kbps. For example, if the site is using three terminals, the network speeds should be no less than 4.5 Mbps for download and 1.5 Mbps for upload.
Wireless Network Requirements
Some merchants would prefer to operate their system on a wireless network. If that is the case, we recommend the following:
- A wireless signal strength of no less than -65 decibel milliwatts (dBm).
- If the wireless coverage area is greater than 1,500 square feet (sq ft.), install access points as all systems should be placed within 60 feet of the Wi-Fi router (or access point).
- Do not operate the Guest Wi-Fi on the same network as the POS. This can lead to an overload of the network and potentially bump the POS off of the access point.
Parse Pay does provide support for accounts that use a cellular connection as their primary network connection.
Prior to installation, it’s important that your site is cabled properly to support the Parse Pay system and peripheral electronics.
- Ensure that there are electrical outlets available at all locations where equipment will be installed.
- If using a LAN network connection, it is recommended that you install ethernet drops at all locations where equipment will be installed.