The Parse POS includes a function the allows users to transfer open orders and tabs between tills. This function is typically utilized at the close of a shift or prior to an employee's break when the departing employee has open orders/tabs that must be transferred to another terminal (and therefore another employee).
Requirements to Transfer Open Orders and Tab
Essentially, there are three basic requirements that must be met in order to transfer open orders and tabs.
- The order or tab must be in open state (not yet paid).
- There must be another till open with a different employee assigned to it.
- A manager code (or permitted user) is required to complete the transfer.
View Open Orders & Tabs
- You can access a list of open orders by tapping the ORDERS tab located above the speed screen.
- This will display all of the open orders with the Order ID, Time, Tab (Customer Name), Subtotal, Tax, and Total Amount, with the option to RESUME the order. If needed, you can filter the results to only display orders opened on the till being used by tapping the Opened Here checkbox in the top-left corner of the screen.
Transfer Open Orders & Tabs
Once you have identified which orders/tabs need to be transferred from the ORDERS tab, transferring the orders to another till (and employee) is easy.
- Tap on the Plus icon to the left of the Order ID column to expand the order.
- Tap on the “Transfer” button on the right side of the order details.
- A screen will popup with a keypad and a list of all the open tills. Enter the four-digit manager code and select the drawer to which you wish to transfer the open order/tab.